- PDF version of the call is available here
- Format of the final project proposal is described in the author_kit.pdf
Department of Electrotechnical Engineering, Faculty of Sciences and Technology of the New University of Lisbon (FCT-UNL), invites project proposals for eNTERFACE’13, the 9th summer workshop on multimodal interfaces, to be held in Lisbon, Portugal, from July 15th to August 9th,2013.
Following the success of the previous eNTERFACE workshops (www.enterface.net) held in Mons, Belgium (2005), Dubrovnik, Croatia (2006), Istanbul, Turkey (2007), Paris, France (2008), Genova, Italy (2009), Amsterdam, Netherlands (2010), Plzen, Czech Republic (2011) and Metz, France (2012), eNTERFACE’13 aims at continuing and enhancing the tradition of collaborative, localized research and development work by gathering, in a single place, leading researchers in multimodal interfaces and students to work on specific projects for 4 complete weeks.
eNTERFACE’13 will encompass presentation sessions, including tutorial state-of-the-art surveys on several aspects of design of multimodal interfaces, given by invited senior researchers, and periodical presentations of the results achieved by each project group. The ultimate goal is to make this event a unique opportunity for students and experts all over the world to meet and effectively work together, so as to foster the development of tomorrow’s multimodal research community. Workshop proceedings are expected to be published by Springer, IFIP AICT series (indexed in Web of Science).
Project submissions on all themes below are welcome. We particularly encourage interdisciplinary proposals covering several themes. A special focus of this year is on assistive, rehabilitation and educational technologies.
- Presence and telepresence
- Teleoperation and telerobotics
- Assistive and rehabilitation technologies
- Game and serious games applications
- Multimodal interfaces for collaborative systems
- Human-robot and human-environment interactions in smart ambients
- Multimodal signal analysis and synthesis
- Signal-level and meaning-level data fusion
- Usability in ubiquitous computing
- Intuitive interfaces and personalized systems in real and virtual environments
- User, context and semantics aware self-learning and adapting systems
- Application of multimodal interfaces
- January 12th, 2013 - Reception of a 1 page Notification of Interest, with a summary of project goals, work-packages, and deliverables.
- February 2nd, 2013 - Reception of the complete project proposal in the format provided by the Author’s kit.
- February 17th, 2013 - Notification of project acceptance, publication of the Call for Participation.
- May 26th, 2013 - Closing of the Call for Participation.
- June 10th, 2013 - Publication of the final list of team members.
- July 15th – August 9th, 2013 - eNTERFACE’13 Workshop.
Proposals should be submitted in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. It will be evaluated by the Scientific Committee with respect to suitability to the workshop goals and format. A call for PhD students and researchers participation will be then launched on February 17th, 2013. Authors of the accepted proposals will then be invited to build their teams.